Commercial Property Lawyer
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
PM Property Lawyers
PM Property Lawyers is a multi-award-winning conveyancing practice operating on a nationwide basis from our Sheffield offices. At PM Property Lawyers we like to do things differently.
We are a creative, forward-thinking, innovative, entrepreneurial and progressive law firm. We have a strong desire to continue our trajectory of growth, resulting in the current expansion of our Commercial Property division. At PM Property Lawyers we have a specific focus on providing excellent customer service.
You will work with the Managing Director and Senior Conveyancing Manager to manage a caseload of Commercial Property and complex residential files ensuring KPIs and SLAs are met.
You will have a keen attention to detail that will set you apart from others and you will be able to prioritise workload and handle a broad spectrum of enquiries relating specifically, but not limited, to the complexities of a commercial conveyancing transaction.
- Manage a mixed caseload of freehold and leasehold purchases and sales of commercial and business premises, site acquisitions, disposals and development, retail, leisure, factory, office and residential, leases & renewals, portfolio management and property investments, property finance and rent reviews in accordance with department protocols and adopting the ethos of the firm
- Drafting and negotiating contracts for sale, transfers, leases and agreements for lease, licences, guarantees and legal charges
- Attending to clients of the firm which could include a wide range of buyers, sellers, landlords, tenants, developers and funders
- Deal with complex property matters (including but not limited to lease extensions and new build new-site sale and purchases)
- Carry out tasks alongside the team in all areas wherever required.
- Ensure all activity is completed in accordance with strict deadlines and in line with set KPIs and SLAs
- Understand productivity statistics and produce various regular performance reports
- Ensure the highest level of customer service to customers and stakeholders at all times
- Liaise with third parties to find solutions and provide resolutions
- Utilise the in-house bespoke case management system in accordance with firm protocols
- Active involvement in business development in line with firm strategies
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience in the commercial conveyancing sector is essential
- Candidates can be qualified (solicitor, legal executive or CLC) or show a good standard of qualification by experience
- At least 3 years PQE would be desirable in commercial property
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, with a proven track record in meeting deadlines
- Ability to work using own initiative and work with minimal direct supervision in terms of the legal aspects of the matters
- Thrives in fast-paced environments and demonstrates a bias for action with an ability to multi-task and pivot while working on varying deadlines & scopes
- Expert communicator and collaborator, with exceptional client care skills
- An incredible eye for detail with an ability to think outside the box
- Competent use of MS Office required
- Prior experience of Proclaim Case Management Software and conveyancing portals would be advantageous
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and CV to Denise Barrowclough, firstname.lastname@example.org.