Conveyancing Legal Assistant
Do you want the opportunity to build your legal knowledge?
Are you looking for an employer that can offer you opportunities to train, develop and progress into a variety of legal roles?
We are NOW looking for the industries next generation of Legal talent!
As a Group we were established over 30 years ago. We are conveyancing specialists who have decades of experience within the industry. Being at the forefront of cutting-edge technology, we are a modern business who can help you wherever you are in England or Wales to move house. With online quotes, digital forms and a library of video guides and resources you can get your questions answered whenever and wherever you are. Our technological expertise means we can deal with clients locally or at a distance.
We have successfully evolved and expanded over the years to now operate on a national basis. We are a Multi Award-Winning Employer offering an array of legal services which coupled with our visions for further expansion makes us a force to be reckoned with!
We are excited to announce that we are now looking to add a Conveyancing Legal Assistant to our Conveyancing department within our thriving law practice. As a member of our Conveyancing department, you will provide general administration assistance always delivering the highest level of customer service.
- Communicating with clients over the telephone, by email and in face-to-face meetings and with other solicitors and professional organisations always providing the highest level of customer service to clients
- Setting up client files within case management
- Producing initial client documentation and checking such documents upon their return and requesting further documentation if required
- Carrying out Solicitor and Client Due diligence
- Requesting Documentation fundamental to the transaction
- Ensuring documents are returned by client’s and work providers, chasing them if required and progressing Transactions
- Logging correspondence to the correct files / matters
- Entering data into the correct fields in the case management system from correspondence received
- Logging and completing tasks on the case management system
- Performing general administration tasks
- To update all panel members / stakeholders within the business and within the referral businesses where applicable
- Drafting sale contracts and re-mortgage documentation as required
- Dealing with Lenders on both sale and purchase matters such as requesting redemption statements
- Drafting completion statements
- To meet all key SLAs and KPIs within the department/referrers’ requirements
- To always ensure your individual compliance with all policies and procedures
- To attend and contribute in team meetings
- To report directly to the Conveyancing Team Managers on all above aspects
- The role will be based in the Conveyancing Department, however, there may be a requirement to work in other areas of the business as the need arises
What do we need from you?
- Able to always provide exceptional levels of customer service
- Able to work to deadlines
- Has an eye for detail
- Computer Literate
- Able to prioritise work loads
- Willingness to adhere to and surpass administration targets
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Polite and professional telephone manner
- Enthusiastic with a real desire to want to learn and develop
- Experience of working in an administration role
- Experience of working in a conveyancing related role OR, if you have no prior conveyancing experience but are either part way through or have already completed your LPC – these applications are also welcome
What we can offer you:
- Monday to Friday – Office Hours – 9.00am – 5.00pm – 1 hour lunch break
- Starting salary of £19,00 per year
- Industry leading training
- Opportunities for you to progress and develop further
- Healthcare cash plan
- Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- On-site subsidised canteen with free fruit daily
- Death in service
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual Summer and Christmas Parties
- Team bonding events
- Award Events
- Dress down Fridays
If you would like to be considered for this role. Please APPLY NOW or send an updated version of your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org