Top tips for landlords
- Make sure that the property is properly insured for renting.
- Make sure that the property is fit for habitation.
- Carry out reference checks on tenants before you enter into agreement.
- Ensure that the tenant(s) sign the tenancy agreement and obtain a deposit.
- Protect the deposit in a relevant scheme within 30 days of receipt.
- Make sure the tenant(s) has all the information about the deposit scheme. Get their confirmation that they have received the Certificate and Prescribed Information for the deposit scheme.
- Carry out an inventory, with photographs, before the tenant(s) receives the keys for the property. Both the landlord and tenant(s) should sign the inventory to confirm the condition of the property before the tenancy starts.
- If evicting a tenant(s) ensure that the appropriate notice is served.
And remember, if any disputes do arise, we can help. Contact us on 03300 562183 or use the form on the right.