The information on this page is required by the Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002.
PM Property Lawyers is a law firm.
Address: PM House, 250 Shepcote Lane, Sheffield, S9 1TP
Telephone: 0114 249 6926
PM Property Lawyers is a trading style of PM Law Limited. PM Law Limited is a private limited company registered under number 05455941 in England and Wales, and authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority number 421374. Registered office: PM House, 250 Shepcote Lane, Sheffield, S9 1TP
Our VAT number is 918 2329 21
All solicitors are subject to rules and principles of professional conduct. The following link contains the relevant codes of conduct of the Solicitors Regulation Authority which authorises and regulates PM Property Lawyers and PM Law Limited. Where the code is not available online, the link provides contact information for the SRA, which should provide details upon request www.sra.org.uk
PM Law Limited maintains professional indemnity insurance in accordance with the Solicitors Indemnity Insurance Rules. The firm’s current policy is with Endurance Worldwide Ltd. Registered Office address: 27 Leadenhall Street, London, EC3A 1AA. Policy number P18A295418P.
Endurance Worldwide Insurance Ltd. is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA No. 219654). This can be confirmed at //www.fca.org.uk/register or contact the FCA on 0800 111 6768 or 0300 500 8082.
We do not tolerate tax evasion or the facilitation of tax evasion in any circumstances, whether committed by or facilitated by a client, our employees or associated persons or companies. We are committed to fighting tax evasion and have policies and procedures in place to detect and prevent the facilitation of tax evasion offences in accordance with the provisions of the Criminal Finances Act 2017.
– If we hold money in a separate designated client account on your behalf, for example where the sum held is large, we will account to you for all the interest earned on that account (net of any tax deducted at source). The management separately of such funds may incur time or third party costs in dealing which the Firm reserves the right to charge.
– We will not account to you for any interest in the following situations:
a. if the amount calculated is £20 or less;
b. on money held for the payment of a professional disbursement if the person to whom the money is owed has requested a delay in settlement;
c. on an advance from us into our general client account to fund a payment on your behalf in excess of funds already held for you in that account;
d. if there is an agreement to contract out of the provisions of this policy.
– If we hold sums of money intermittently on your behalf, in our general client account, during the course of acting on a matter, and the sum in lieu of interest calculated for any single period is £20 or less, we will account to you if the total interest exceeds £20. Below that sum we consider that the administrative costs of dealing with the funds would exceed the interest due.
– If money is held for a continuous period, and for part of that period it is held in a separate designated client account, we will account to you for a sum in lieu of interest for the rest of the period when the money was held in a general client account regardless of whether it is less than £20.
– We will usually calculate and pay interest once your matter has been concluded unless interim payments are appropriate (for example in long running trust matters).
– In calculating interest we will apply a rate that we believe reflects the market rate of interest paid on an instant access current account offered by a UK high street bank over the period when interest is due.
– We will review the interest rates whenever the Bank of England changes its Bank Rate.
– In determining the period over which interest is to be calculated, we will look at the following: the period between the date when the relevant funds received by us clear our account and, if we send the funds electronically, the date when the funds are sent or, if we send the funds by cheque, five days after a cheque is raised.
Rate used on balances from 1 Sep 2015 – 0.10%
(Matters with balances consistently over £200,000 may attract a rate of 0.15%)
Standard will: £165 + VAT
Standard mirror will: £250 +VAT
Lasting Power of Attorney: £300 + VAT and disbursements
Probate: grant only £750 + VAT
Full probate: below Inheritance Tax threshold £1750 + VAT; above IHT at hourly rate of £200ph + VAT
Employment: claimant – 35% of compensation + VAT; defendant – £201ph + VAT