Conveyancing Made Easy
Buying or selling a property is probably one of the biggest transactions you’ll ever make, both financially and emotionally. After all, it’s not just bricks and mortar, it’s your home.
So at PM Property Lawyers we do everything we can to make sure that your sale or purchase is as straightforward as possible and that you know what’s happening every step of the way (here’s a list of typical fees). If there’s a complication that wasn’t obvious at the outset we’ll explain the issue and let you know if there are any additional fees (here’s a list of possible additional fees).
And, because we understand that the conveyancing process can be confusing, we’ve created some useful resources to answer your questions and explain what you can expect to happen. You’ll find lots of videos and other guides in the PMPL Property Hub.
The guides to What We Do: Buying and What We Do: Selling are a good place to start if you want to understand the key stages and how the conveyancing process works. And this A-Z of conveyancing terminology explains the most common terms.
You want your conveyancing to complete as quickly and efficiently as possible.
You also want to be certain that everything has been done correctly to avoid any problems in future, for example, when you come to sell the property.
That’s exactly what we want too. Clients are sometimes surprised at the time it takes to complete a conveyancing transaction, but when there are £100,000s at stake it’s absolutely vital that every detail has been covered.
- The average timescale for completing a freehold transaction is 10 – 12 weeks (from receiving/sending the the contract pack).
- The average timescale for completing a leasehold transaction is 12 – 14 weeks (from receiving/sending the the contract pack).
Some transactions do take longer as there are additional steps or extra work involved e.g. shared ownership purchases, unregistered properties, complex titles.
Have you had a quote via a third party? There may be a referral fee, but this is payable by us and will not affect the price you pay.
More help with legal services
If you need more general help about legal services and lawyers, the Legal Choices website gives you independent help and advice. The Homeowners Alliance website has dozens of helpful guides and updates for homeowners, buyers and sellers.
How we work:
We will always:-
- Provide you with a statement of costs with no hidden extras. We won’t charge you separately for letters, telephone calls etc. – we operate on a fixed fee basis.
- Assign a dedicated property lawyer to your transaction. Each property lawyer has a team who will always be happy to help you.
- Make sure you speak to a member of the team. If the person dealing with your transaction is unavailable your call will be returned promptly.
- Provide you with a fully comprehensive and jargon-free legal report.
- Keep you informed at every stage of the process and provide the best legal and practical advice in everyday terms.
We can help…
If you need property advice, call us on 0114 350 4082, use the form on the right or get a quotation right away.