Remortgage Property Lawyer
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
PM Property Lawyers
To own caseload of predominantly freehold remortgage and transfer of equity matters, with some leasehold and other matters as appropriate.
Scope of the role
The role will be based in the Conveyancing Department, however, there may be a requirement to work in other areas of the business as the need arises.
- To run own caseload of circa 100 live matters, subject to seasonality and continuing review of capacity both individually and across the department, with use of a dedicated assistant.
- To handle own caseload of remortgage and transfers of equity and subsequent management of the caseload.
- To be responsible for achieving set target completions per month.
- To support the department in achieving targets, SLAs and KPIS.
- To communicate with clients over the telephone, email and in face-to-face meetings.
- To communicate with other solicitors and professional organisations over the telephone, by e-mail and correspondence.
- To update all panel members / stakeholders within the business and within the referral businesses with whom we deal.
- To meet all key SLAs and KPIs within the department
- Be able to deal with and work within referrers SLAs and meet their requirements / panel requirements
- To be a role model for those around you in both file management, actions and behaviour
- To provide the highest level of customer service to clients at all times
- To attend and contribute in team meetings
- To report directly to the Conveyancing Team Managers on all above aspects.
- Ability to manage a workload and prioritise accordingly
- Ability to work under pressure and time manage
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Excellent telephone manner – fee earner MUST be client facing and MUST be willing to answer the phone and provide timely updates to all parties
- Professional, but approachable manner (to all)
- Self-motivated with excellent organisational skills
- Must have a modern approach to conveyancing and it’s process driven, proactive, risk-based requirements.
- Flexible approach
- Minimum 2 years experience (but all levels considered including more senior) in a prior conveyancing role
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good keyboard / IT / Case Management / Internet and Email skills
- Competent use of MS Word, Excel and Outlook, Proclaim (or similar), updating panel websites
- Must have used Case Management Systems, Land Registry Portal, Online SDLT etc
- Must be able to demonstrate technical ability in remortgage and conveyancing transactions (as set out above), money laundering and risk assessment by way of examination at interview
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and CV to Denise Barrowclough, firstname.lastname@example.org.